Thursday, December 3, 2009

Sigh. Gone.

I know that I left you hanging, but rest assured dear readers, I was finally able to replace my lost contact lens case. You can sleep easy now.

In a few hours one of the more interesting parts of my journey will begin. I am taking a train all the way from Saigon to Hanoi, a trip of some forty plus hours. I am booked in a shared sleeping cabin, which should make for some interesting travels.

I truly enjoy traveling by train, but this is an epic quest. It will also give me a chance to view some spectacular countryside and get some insight into real life in Vietnam.

I wish that I had more time to spend in Saigon, but I am getting to the point where time is becoming a factor, considering that I will have to find a way to get back to Bangkok for my return flight home.

On a personal note, I was shocked to recieve an email today informing me that my cousin Andrew had died in Edmonton. No other details were available. He was twenty four years old.

I did not know Andrew that well, but I will always remember him for his wicked sense of humour. May he rest in peace.

Suddenly I feel very small, and a long way from home.

http://goyestoeverything.com/